Dear Jura community, friends and visitors,
This page has been temporarily changed to help keep us updated with all the latest local and national news and advice. The Community Council, Community Shop and Development Trust are all working together to keep this page up to date to find the best solutions to guide our island through this crisis.
Please see the link boxes below for regular updates.
- Keep safe
- Follow social distancing measures at all times
- Communicate as much as you can with your family, friends and loved ones online or on the phone.
- Keep busy – do that list of chores you have never had time to do!
If you have any questions, suggestions or can offer help then please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help. And remember, you can still share ideas and raise smiles on the Jura Community Facebook page.
Travelling to Jura during COVID-19
The Isle of Jura is following the Scottish Governments Routemap. Moving into Phase 3 the indicative dates show that holiday accommodation can open from the 15th July 2020. This may be subject to change, for the safety of our island, we ask that you please check this resource regularly.
Please respect local business decisions and contact them in advance of travel. Be mindful of your travel decision when coming to a remote island off an island and practice the following with respect.
More information about travelling to Jura can be found on our Getting to Jura page along with links to travel providers for the latest updates.
Protect the Isle of Jura from COVID-19
- Do not travel if you are feeling ill or have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- When travelling practise physical distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly & thoroughly.
- Respect & protect those around you.
- Please ensure you have booked transport/accommodation before travelling.
Our community is vulnerable with limited medical resources and we welcome thoughtful and considerate behaviour. Thank you.
Keep up to date with the latest information from the shop, Community Council, care and volunteer effortsRead more
Latest guidance about COVID-19 from NHS Scotland and the Scottish GovernmentRead more
Keep informed with all of the government newsRead more